Frequently Asked Questions
*****ONLY FLU SHOTS WILL BE GIVEN AT OUR SCHOOL BASED CLINICS FOR THE 2020-2021 SEASON AT WESTMINSTER, VESTAVIA HILLS, AND HOMEWOOD CITY SCHOOLS. *****
Can I choose to have my child receive the FLUMIST (nasal spray) this year?
-FLUMIST will not be available at our clinics for the 2020-21 season except at Highlands and Leeds City schools.
Is my child eligible to participate in the school-based flu clinic?
- All students can participate unless they have had an allergic reaction to a flu vaccine previously or have a medical condition that prohibits it.
If my child does not have insurance can they still receive a flu vaccine?
- Yes, the program is open to all students regardless of insurance.
How do I register my child for the flu vaccine clinic?
- Complete the Student Registration Form and return it to your school nurse along with a copy of your child's insurance card.
When will the vaccine clinics be scheduled?
- Clinics are typically scheduled in September and October. Your school will notify you of the exact date.
Will I receive documentation of what vaccine my child receives?
- Each child will receive a form with the vaccine given and the date of administration.